Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 Resolution - A Lovely Year of Finishes

Happy New Year everyone!  Hope you all had a relaxing and fun new year!

Every year, I always make the typical resolutions - lose weight, exercise more, etc., and never do anything about them.  As a result, the resolutions only last for about a week and then I forget about them.

This year, I decided to actually try to achieve my resolutions, so I'm challenging myself with three quilting-related goals:
  1. Use at least 90% stash fabrics to make blocks and quilts.  My sister tells me that I'm becoming a borderline hoarder with my stash, though it's very organized of course. :)
  2. Improve my free-motion quilting skills.  Quilting? Eeek!
  3. Finish as many UFOs as possible.  I'm counting by 5's now!
To work on the third goal, I've joined A Lovely Year of Finishes group.  The purpose of this group is to declare a project (can be anything) at the beginning of a month and finish it by the end of that month.  If all goes well, I will finish 12 projects by the end of the year, probably 9 more than I usually do.  LOL.

So for the January project, I'm working on completing my Sew Sew Modern projects.  I made the blocks for the miniquilt months ago, but they have to be sewn together and the finished quilt and a small handmade item have to be sent out by the end of January. 


I love this quilt pattern.  Each block is 4" finished size, and is a small version of the Flower Basket pattern from the book, Scrap Basket Sensations.  I can't wait to see how the quilt comes out!

6 comments:

  1. I just signed up for this! Hoping to get some of my WIP's completed in 2013! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you too! I figured I needed the motivation since the UFOs are piling up.

      Delete
  2. I think it's going to be a beautiful finish! I look forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I found 38 WIPs at the start of this year *ahem*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid to count mine. I sorted them out and placed them in baggies, and then threw them all in a basket, which is overflowing. I figure each month, I'll grab something out of the box.

      Delete
  4. Hi Dorrylu. I am trying to get a hold of you as I was your SSM partner. Are you okay? Have you received the pillow I sent? The Mamas and I are waiting to hear from you please.

    ReplyDelete