Monday, March 12, 2012

Inspirations ...

I've been a little distracted lately.  I figured that once I finished all my bee blocks for the month that I could work on projects without interruptions.  But I can't seem to stay focused on any one project.  I've been spending a lot of time looking through Flickr to help figure out my next project, but there is so much out there that I want to try that I can't limit it down to one.  These are my top 9 choices:


1. Cherry Star!, 2. The start of something small., 3. DUDQS11, 4. pretty little posie blocks!, 5. Hip to Bee Square - April, 6. Mod Mood Quilt, Summer 2010, 7. 3.5" bitty block - Birdies - Group 2, 8. Sunny Day in Swoon Town, 9. Latest idea

I've tried block #7, the Birdies, which is adorable, but I don't think I want to do a paper-pieced quilt right now.  I'm considering #8, Sunny Day in Swoon Town, which is a clever version of the swoon block.  I love how the blocks are made into houses, and since I really enjoy making wonky houses, I'm thinking of making this a wonky swoon block with the center being a wonky star and the houses made freeform. 

Hmm...I'm loving this idea the more I think about it.  It will be interesting to see if the wonky design will make the swoon block look awkward or fun.  

I guess the next time I'm stuck, I'll write a post to clear my head.  Who knew blogging would be so helpful?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment