Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Braided Star

I saw this Braided Star block on Flickr and thought it was stunning.  The quilter made a paper piecing pattern for her block, and I was going to draft one when I realized that the block was essentially 4 quarter log cabin blocks with the background triangles equally distributed on both sides of each block. 

So here is the prototype:


It started as four 6.5" quarter log cabin blocks ...



with a triangle formed from half of a 3.5" X 6.5" rectangle sewn on opposite sides of each block. Once you sew each quarter together, you get the Braided Star block!

I'll post the tutorial for this block this weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. I saw the same block and came to the same realization. What I didn't do, was test it out. So I'm glad you're posting a tutorial. I'll get to make the block without having to do the thinking :-)

    ReplyDelete