Saturday, April 14, 2012

Retro Flower Quilt Along - Finally Started!

I love the Retro Flower pattern and joined the quilt along.  But like all the quilt alongs that I join, I'm off to a late start.  This quilt along started at the beginning of April, but it is only yesterday that I finally selected my fabrics.  This was the biggest hurdle for me because I'm using Kona's Spring Green as the background and I couldn't make up my mind which fabrics to use for the flowers. 

Once I decided to use fabrics in deeper pastels, there was finally progress in this quilt along.  These are the fabrics for the 12 blocks that I'm making.


All the pieces are cut thanks to my Accuquilt.  I'll start piecing sometime this weekend, but we're having family over, so I don't expect to make any progress on this quilt until they leave. 

I hope I don't regret the background choice.  It is a departure for me since my backgrounds tend to be black, gray, white or tan (kinda like my wardrobe!).  My fingers are crossed ...

4 comments:

  1. Love the green background and I am going to be later than you starting this one! Love your prints too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure it will be fine... sometimes you have to move out of your comfort zone and take a bit of a risk!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an interesting mix! Can't wait to see your progress posts =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the green background. I am ready to start cutting from the templates I am trying to catch up to people who have started sewing already!

    ReplyDelete