Friday, December 30, 2011

Valentine's Day Block Swap

I'm a member of Quilting Board, an online message board for quilters, and I'm participating in a couple of swaps, one of which is targeted for Valentine's Day.  For this swap, you can swap sets of 6 blocks that represent the holiday, and the block size has to be a multiple of 3" plus seam allowance.  I decided to do 3 sets of 6 1/2" blocks.  Two sets are machine-appliqued hearts of my favorite red and pink fabrics.  The third set is foundation-pieced hearts from patterns that I found on Ula Lenz's blog.  She has some really nice foundation-piecing patterns, much more elaborate than others that I found online.  I found her blog accidently, and it was a great find!

The appliqued hearts:


The paper-pieced hearts:


A close-up of 2 of my favorite blocks:



These blocks were mailed out today, and I made it just under the wire!  I can't wait to see what blocks I get in return!

Check out Quilting Board, it's great community of quilters!

No comments:

Post a Comment