Monday, January 30, 2012

Meow! Cat Quilt

One of my absolute favorite quilt books is The Cat's Meow by Janet Kime.  I was lucky enough to see these quilts years ago when I visited the quilt shop, In the Beginning, in Seattle (it's now closed).  If you are a cat lover, you want this book.  The patterns are absolutely adorable and you fall in love with every quilt that you make from this book. 

I LOVE this quilt that I just made based on the Plaid Cats pattern.  I used fabrics that I dyed, and each cat block is 2.5" x 4".  The quilt is much brighter, but I've yet to master taking pictures on my camera. :)


 A close-up of the cat blocks:


The quilt is going to be hanged outside the cat bathroom in my basement.  When we renovated the basement, we put in a cat bathroom next to the regular bathroom.  It's where we place the litter box, and it is fully-tiled with a floor drain and faucet that we can use when we can scrub down the room.  I have 5 cats and this room has been absolutely worth the expense.  I'll post pictures of it when I finish quilting this quilt.

1 comment:

  1. Fun quilt. I've done some paper piecing with a similar cat pattern. Love yours, and can't wait to see that special bathroom!

    ReplyDelete