Sunday, November 27, 2011

Baby Quilt #4 - Long Overdue!

While I was blog-hopping, I saw a quilt that used the Dream On fabrics from Urban Chiks.  I loved the vintage patterns and bright colors and wanted to try making a quilt with the charm pack.  I've never used a charm pack before since I don't tend to use fabrics from only one collection.  When I googled this fabric, I saw that the Quilted Castle had the fabric on sale.  It was meant to be!

I bought the charm pack as well as fabrics from the Dream On collection.  With the addition of a yard of white Kona cotton and a couple of fabrics from the collection, I made this simple, but pretty quilt:


Some close-ups of the quilt:



I left out the striped fabrics from the collection so that I could use it for the sashing.  As I was putting together this quilt, I thought it would be perfect for my niece, who was born this past April.  Her baby quilt is long overdue and I'm happy that she's getting such a bright and cheerful one.

I'm going to try to quilt it this week.  Maybe I'll even finish it in time for Hannukah for her!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad I found you on Lily's! I am gonna camp here for a while and explore your work because what I've seen so far I love! I am jealous of your mad fabric colouring skills and I'm curious to know more about your seemingly simple looking techniques. Also, I know exactly what you mean about late baby quilts - my best friend's daughter was never given a baby quilt at birth and I didn't find out about it until she was almost two and I found a second hand queen sized comforter in her crib. As a quilter, I was appalled! Check out the quilt I made her for Christmas on my blog: http://fromheadtofabric.blogspot.com/2011/11/pixie-mato.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is sooo pretty! Lucky little girl to be getting it. I specially love the peach and lemon colours together!

    ReplyDelete