Friday, November 4, 2011

Dyeing in Progress ...

I finally had some time to dye fabric.  I decided to do the color wheel and used an 8-yard piece of Kona PFD fabric left over from my previous dyeing attempts to try out this process.  I also ordered additional fabric and had to use a yard from it.  I have a feeling that the fabrics won't be as vibrant as I want because the Kona fabric from my stash was cream-colored, which will probably have a muting effect on the dye colors.

Here is the red to yellow range:


The red to blue range:


And the blue to yellow range:


Each baggie contains a 1/2 yard of fabric, and there are six colors in each container.  Tomorrow, when these fabrics are ready to wash, I will have 18 different colored fabrics from this process. 

It's like being a little kid again waiting for midnight on Christmas Eve! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment