Thursday, September 29, 2011

Baby Quilt - Real Progress!

My body apparently doesn't acknowledge when it's suppose to have a day off.  I woke up at 6:30 am today and was in the craft room by 7 am.  Six and a half hours later, I went from this:




to this:




Again, the actual quilt is much more vibrant than the picture, but I'm very happy with the results.  Here is a close up of some of the squares:





I tried to distribute the orange squares so that the same ones are not near each other, but you can see that I wasn't entirely successful.  I love how the black and white fabrics act as a frame for the orange squares, and how they contrast with the turquoise sashing so nicely.  I'm going to add a thin black border around this quilt top and then use an orange fabric for the final border.  At least that's the plan, though you know that I change things up all the time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment