Monday, September 26, 2011

It's all about the gear!

I decided to use a Joann's coupon to buy Simplicity's Bias Binding Machine because I hate making bias tape.  I always burn my fingers and never get it as perfect as I want it to be.  And since I want to use the adjustable bias binding presser foot, I needed a fast and painless way to make bias binding.  Thus, the machine!

It's awesome!  The set up is a little annoying at first, especially if you use the written directions, but once you make your first bias binding, you'll be hooked.  The machine pressed a 45" long piece of 2" bias tape in less than a minute.  Can you imagine the time you save, not to mention the fingers?  My dad fixed cameras for a living and he always told us that "it's all about the gear!"  Was he right!  Here is the tutorial from Simplicity:






If you're an avid quilter, this tool will really save you time.  Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment