Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Baby Quilt - DONE!

During this past weekend, I finished the quilt!  Not only is this quilt for a special baby, but I experienced a lot of "firsts" with it - first time I used different presser feet, first time I actually quilted a quilt and most importantly, the first time I did a quilt from start to finish entirely by myself.  Usually, I make the quilt top and someone else finishes it or I put it in my UFO pile.  I was really anxious because I wanted the quilt to look nice, and I'm happy with the end result!  Here it is:

It was much larger than expected.  It's almost as big as a full-sized bed, which explains why it took hours to sew straight lines across the quilt.  I did stick to my plan of using a black patterned fabric for the binding, but don't look too closely at it!  You can tell when I first started using the bias binding presser foot, and when I finally figured it out.  What a fun and colorful project! Quite a departure from my usual ...

May this quilt always be a source of comfort and warmth to you, M's baby!  It was my pleasure to make it for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment