Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hexie Sewing Kit

I've been spending a lot of time in the hospital lately, which is why I've been rather sporadic with my blogging.  My brother is in the hospital, and I've been looking for a portable project that I can do while I'm in the hospital.  Joining the hexie movement seems like a good idea.  Practically every blog I visit features some sort of hexie project in progress!

Not only is this project portable, it also gives me an excuse to buy more red and aqua fabrics.  I love this color combination, and I LOVE any excuse to buy fabric even more!  Is that bad?  Am I addicted? :)

Unlike those dedicated hexie-ers, I'm only making a small wall hanging for my sewing room.  Thanks to Texas Freckles, I figured out the number of hexies I need by using the hexie grid that you can download from her blog.  For my project, it looks like I need to make about 200 hexies, which is manageable.

The pattern for the hexie kit is from the blog, Lots of Pink Here, as part of the the 12 Gifts of Christmas Blog Hop.   I'm making the kit in the same way, but a little bigger to store the templates for the hexies.  I'll post pictures when I have a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment