Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WIP Wednesday

I've been going through my UFOs and found these three almost-finished squares, and decided to finish it.





This pattern is from the book, The Cat's Meow (I know, it's out of print too, but you can still get it from used booksellers.  If you love cats, this book is for you!).  I actually saw all the quilts in this book when I visited Seattle years ago, which prompted me to buy the book.  It has the cutest cat quilt patterns EVER!  This is one of my favorites.  The applique is simple, but what makes this wall-hanging adorable is the details.  Each cat will be entangled in yarn, and their faces embroidered with a simple running stitch.  I'm not up to embroidery today, but I'm going to put on a sashing and border.  Not sure which sashing and border works best, so I'm going to play with some fabrics.  So happy this UFO is now a WIP!

No comments:

Post a Comment