Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hexie Sewing Kit - Done!

Well, here it is - the Hexie Sewing Kit!  It was pretty easy to make and I really enjoyed quilting the cover.  I also modified the pattern.  In the original design, the thread holder was velcroed down, but since I didn't have velcro, I used a coordinating ribbon; it works fine and was easy to sew in.  I also didn't make the scissor pouch since I didn't make the cover wide enough to fold into thirds.  The interior of the kit is simple, but it suits my needs.



If I made another one, I would definitely take a refresher tutorial on how to sew on continuous binding.  I thought I remembered how to do it, but by the time I realized that I really didn't, I was already facing my first corner!  Oh well, hope the mistakes aren't too noticeable.  Now, the kit only needs ... hexies! LOL

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to make one like this tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make one like this tomorrow

    ReplyDelete